Dental Students (GPR & AEGD)
PDS Opportunities for Dental Students
We're getting the word out: pediatric dental residents and pediatric dentists with only a few years experience have opportunities at PDS affiliated practices. We pride ourselves on finding, mentoring and developing pediatric dentists that fit our culture and business approach, regardless of experience.
For the past several years, our Professional Recruiting Team, as well as our Owner Dentists and Associate Dentists, have visited more than half of the country's dental schools to promote PDS. More importantly, we look for pediatric dentists who are interested in a career at our affiliated offices. Right now, we have affiliated dentists from 53 dental schools in the U.S. and 25 dental schools internationally.
Take a look at the current opportunities at our affiliated offices and see if one is right for you.
Facts for Student Dentists
- Pediatric Dentists two years out of their residency can make more than $238,000 at PDS affiliated offices.
- Pediatric Dentists four years out of residency average more than $500,000 per year at PDS affiliated offices.
- We actively recruit at all pediatric dental residency programs in the country and are active members of the AAPD.
- We are growing! We currently have 57 supported pediatric offices and plan to add more.
Begin Your Career at PDS Affiliated Offices
You’ll be hired into an office where an Owner Dentist or seasoned Associate Dentist will be there to mentor you. Furthermore, the average dentist at our affiliated practices sees 13-14 patients per day. You’ll see seven or eight patients and get more as you get more comfortable.
We provide all our affiliated dentists with the latest technology, which means you’ll be working in an all-digital environment, from x-rays to chartless record-keeping.
The best part is, we take care of the administrative burden. That way, you can concentrate on what you went to school for in the first place: dentistry.
The Interview Process
- Phone interview with a person from our Professional Recruiting Team
- Face-to-face interview with a Regional Manager and an Owner Dentist
- You take a Competency Assessment
- Depending on the region, you may have a working interview
- A final possible interview with a Regional Manager and/or an Owner Dentist
The Working Environment in PDS Affiliated Offices
The best way to know if our PRIVATE PRACTICE +® model is for you is to see it for yourself. That’s why you can shadow any dentist in any affiliated practice and experience our approach to dentistry. If that sounds interesting to you, feel free to contact us and schedule a shadow day at one of our affiliated offices.
We also let students attend a local Clinical Excellence class. All you have to do is contact us for a list of upcoming courses in your area.